Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pen & Ink--again!

In a....well, not quite bizarre, but unexpected--chain of events, I'm now one of the co-sponsors for Pen & Ink, Freedom's Literary Arts magazine! The English teacher who was running it had to step down, and Mr. Kleist said it was available, so I stepped up and said I would help. It should be an interesting time, as I talked with the art teacher who co-sponsors it and found out that they're still working on getting last year's issue out; apparently the seniors last year just didn't get anything done. Unfortunately, that's often the case with this magazine. So we'll see if we can't get the issue out on time this year. Recruitment and membership in general seems to be a difficulty, so if we can start doing some other events in addition to the open mics, maybe we'll be able to attract a core group of people who will actually get things done. I've got lots of ideas, but we'll have to see how they all pan out...

1 comment:

Rachel (a-big-apple) said...

Hooray for P&I! I think the key is to get dedicated juniors, because the seniors have too much to do + senioritis. *laughs* That's what happened when we were seniors, anyway, which is why half our junior friends started hating me.