Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whales! Penguins! Boston! Michael Phelps! Whee!


I had so much fun in Boston this past weekend! The Aquarium was cool, especially the big glass tank in the center, home of Myrtle the 560-lb. turtle. Whale watching was amazing. To have so many whales up close! To see them dive and flipper-flap and breech! I just wish my pictures were better. And that dinner afterwards was sooo good, even though we were all damp and chilly.

Watching the Olympics was so much more fun with you all around to help poke fun at the "Michael Phelps is God!" attitude of the inane commentators. Commentators, just so you're sure, Michael Phelps is NOT a condor, no matter how many times you use that metaphor. Also, it's a bit arrogant to have VISA commercials celebrating his "most decorated Olympian in history" achievement right after it happens. Being so sure that we're going to achieve something only leads to getting yourself kicked in the a**--remember the Dewey beats Nixon headlines? I'm pretty sure no one else in the world is obsessing over Michael Phelps, so let's just get a bit of perspective, ok?

Alas, now I'm back at home and forced to actually get ready for the new school year. I can't believe that by this time next week I'll have already started working. Where did the summer go? :(

No comments: