Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's all Auggie's fault

I helped Amy move in with Auggie on Saturday, and while waiting around, Auggie showed me Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Apparently this is what Joss Whedon does when there's a writer's strike. Now, I enjoyed the Buffy musical--the first episode of Buffy I ever saw and the reason I kept watching the series. And I loved Firefly. So seeing Nathan Fillion as a flaky superhero fighting off Neil Patrick Harris just made my day.

I went with Shelly and her parents to an acapella concert by Project Philly Friday night to see Jamie and Amy perform. I miss acapella a lot! I really want to find someplace to sing now. Perhaps I'll be in Project Philly next year, if the price of gas doesn't skyrocket. And they did two Arrogant Worms songs--"A Man Has Needs" and "I am Cow"--so now I'm not so disappointed they're not at Musikfest. I think Jamie might be the soloist in this clip from last year's concert--but the quality's not great, so I can't be sure.


Just finished reading: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Little kids always imagine running away to join the circus, but this is a novel of a young man who actually did, and discovered that it's a much more complicated social situation than he anticipated.

No comments: