Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nervous about starting the new school year

So tomorrow I go in for my first official teacher activity--Convocation. I can't believe school's starting again already! The downside of not being a "new teacher" anymore is that we don't have all that many built in days to get ready. Friday's pretty much it! So (on Mr. Kleist's advice) I went in today to make some copies and try and get things together, and I did a little bit, but truly, nothing's organized yet. I feel like I should be more prepared, but I'm really not. Eeek.

So clearly, it's time to distract myself with a quiz! Thanks for the link on this one, Becky. It's...highly appropriate, and I don't know why that surprises me so much:

Your result for The Chess Mess Test...

The Rook's Hawk

Congrats! Only 12-16% of the population score this!


The Rook’s Hawk is like a judge. They have a great sense of right and wrong especially in their area of interest or responsibility. They are devoted to duty. They are punctual. People who set their clocks on others are typically measuring their time with the Hawk. It is common to perceive that the Hawk is cold or aloof. They frequently protect their emotions via practicality.



They work systematically to get the job done. When a new procedure is proven, they can be depended upon to carry it out. The Rook’s Hawk is deeply frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when it comes to commitments. They will keep their feelings to themselves – but when asked expect truth over tact. They are quite able to make the tough call and carry it out. You will find the Rook’s Hawk at home in government, schools, military or any other organization which maintains strict hierarchy. They are the traditionalist and are perfect for balancing out the idealists of other types.



The Rook’s Hawk thrives on organization. They keep their lives and environments well-regulated. They bring painstaking attention to detail in their work and will not rest until satisfied with a job well done. They are obviously hard workers. They will sort through ideas and find the most practical ones, again revealing how common sense prevails in this type. This ‘Pawn’ is the cornerstone of an ethical working society. They are centered on dealing with the present and most practical affair. They observe life and promote consistency in society. They value loyalty and others are best to acquaint themselves with this type if they wish to gain a fruitful insight to what makes the world tick.



Check out my other tests!


Changeling Type | Mage Sorter

Take The Chess Mess Test at HelloQuizzy



Currently reading: The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. Shelly had told me she was reading this fantastic series and that I'd like it, and I've gotten completely sucked in since she gave me the book yesterday. Unfortunately, I should probably go to bed rather than read some more....

No comments: