Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm already looking forward to the weekend

Not that the start of the new semester has been bad, I just feel like focusing on other things. Reading something new for a change; mostly inspired by my trip to Waldenbooks with Shelly last night--it's going out of business, so there's a 40% off everything sale. I'm tempted to go back this weekend and see if prices go even lower. Anyway, I finally picked up the first Sandman comic; I've wanted to read them for years, pretty much after discovering Gaiman, but copies are not all that common. They're expensive, though, so this might be something I save up for over time and hit ebay or something. It wasn't quite what I expected, especially with all the random other characters making an appearance (namely John Constantine and the Justice League of America), but I think that Gaiman is right when he claims this first book sets up for something much better in the future. I really want this to be the weekend so I can have a good long session of reading!

Math class at NCC hasn't been too bad, though I get my first quiz back tomorrow. Think I did all right. A little strange we haven't gotten any homework, though.

Next thing I'm getting nervous about is this Poetry Out Loud competition I got put in charge of. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing, or how to go about organizing it. I hope it just doesn't fail miserably. After struggling to convince my resistant students that poetry is rather cool, I miss hanging out with people who can spontaneously recite something like "The Highwayman" for no good reason while hanging around the dorm room.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I like that one of your labels for this is "poetry math," even if those were supposed to be two separate things.