Monday, January 07, 2008

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be applying to study at...NCC

Thanks to the PA Department of Education, which has decided in their supreme wisdom that to be an excellent English teacher, I must know math, I have to take 3 college credits of math. Which meant that today I found myself standing in line at NCC, waiting to be accepted. Which they did remarkably quickly--fastest turnaround time I've ever seen for a college bureaucracy. This evening I took the math placement test (which actually freaked me out for a bit thinking that I wasn't going to pass in order to get the class I'm going for--college algebra--when it started with all that nasty trig sin and cos and tan stuff), and tomorrow I hope to register and get this over with! The good news is that after what will hopefully be an easy class, I will be an official certified teacher; the bad news is that the last day of class is my birthday. Oh well.

In other news, I have about 20 essays left to grade...and I'm spending time here. Figures. Going to be a late night tonight.

No comments: